Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rock, paper...scissors?

Ok, no rocks...but paper and scissors will be needed for this post.

While skimming through Slot Forum the other day I found a cool thread about paper cars as scenery. Yes, paper. I must admit to never even having considered looking for plans for paper cars on the internet but it's sure a cool way to make your own scenery. So you can't find a nice red Alfa for your scenery? How about this one?

I left the jpeg large in case anyone wants to swipe it from the site to cut up and use.

This is sure a great and cheap way to make your own scenery...but be warned some of these are not beginner projects... witness this work of art by Milos Harant!
A 1/18 scale Aston Martin DBR-9.






A stunning model. If you want to contact Milos about this here's his email: harant@katus.sk

Yeah, I know technically not slot cars but I'm sure someone with enough patience you could make one in 1/32 scale and you could get the plans from Milos...not me I'm not remotely that good a model builder.

Aston's not your speed? How about a Trabant?


Or Nascar's
Or how about an entire message board of paper models?
Or a whole page of paper projects on this Japanese site...some could be converted into slot car type scenery, not the cats though!

I've used a number of designs from the Carrera4fun.de site on a bunch of different projects. I was a bit skeptical at first about the models only being made of paper but it's a great medium to work in...as long as you have a fairly dry environment, paper models don't like humidity!

DaveK

No comments:

Post a Comment